Terms and Conditions Loppa Seafishing 2020/2021
- Bookings are accepted at LoppaSeafishing (LSF) by mail, telephone or post. The necessary information about the contact person and possible fellow travellers as well as the dates must be provided to have a complete booking.
- Published prices of are based on the full costs as they were known at the time of publication of the prices. If changes occur in transport costs, exchange rates, taxes and other related costs, which are directly related to the booking, LSF reserves the right to adjust the travel sum.
- LSF aims to confirm your booking as soon as possible. In certain cases, specific parts of a trip must be requested separately. In these cases, you will receive the final confirmation a few days later.
- All confirmations of LSF, that are issued, can be subject to printing and typographical errors and or mistakes. Information on the LSF website is pure of informational nature. For this LSF accepts no liability. You will be informed as soon as possible, if parts of your booking change.
- The person who places the booking with LSF is personally responsible and liable for the other travel companions who are registered by him/her. If a person who wishes to make a reservation is a minor, a parent / guardian must co-sign the booking form. In addition, specific personal circumstances that may influence the course of the trip (such as age or disability) must be stated at the time of booking.
- Bookings are final if the deposit of the travel sum has been received by LSF. Costs for insurances are to be paid together with the deposit.
- The final payment must be in the possession of LSF 7 weeks prior to the starting date of the trip. If a booking is made within the period of 7 weeks prior to the starting date of the trip the entire travel sum must be paid by the traveller immediately after the invoice of LSF has been sent.
- In case of late (down) payment, the traveller will receive a payment reminder with the request to pay the outstanding amount immediately. If the (down) payment after five working days is not paid in full, the agreement is deemed to be cancelled on the sixth day after the reminder and the amount not being paid. LSF will in this case charge the regular cancellation costs. These costs depend on the cancellation arrangement, which can be found in article 11 of these terms and conditions.
- LSF strives to provide the final travel documents two to three weeks before the start of the trip by post or e-mail to the travellers.
- Only written cancellations can be processed. The day of receipt will be used as the cancellation date.
11 Cancellation costs will be charged:
– up to 90 days before departure € 35, – per person up to 20% of the fare plus any already by LSF agreed purchased items or services that can not be refunded by supplier.
– from 89 to 60 days before departure 50 % of the travel sum
– from 59 to 30 days before departure 75 % of the fare
– from 29 to 15 days before departure 90 % of the fare
– from 14 days before the departure date 100 % of the travel sum
For specially organized group tours other conditions may apply, which will be mentioned on the confirmation. In case of cancellation of “non-refundable” ticket LSF is obliged to charge 100 %. It is wise to cover the risk of cancellation by arranging your own cancellation insurance.
- After receipt of the confirmation, the traveller may request a change of reservation up to 28 days before departure. LSF will make every effort to implement these changes in consultation with the relevant authorities / organizations. Actual changes will be confirmed in writing by LSF change costs amount to € 30,- per change with the addition of possible communication costs. Also any change in rates will be charged to the customer. These costs must be paid immediately after invoicing. If the change can not be arranged, the original agreement remains valid.
- If a traveller wishes to be replaced by another traveller who has not previously booked, that is possible. The original registered traveller as well as the person replacing him must both sign a request for a replacement. Both are individually liable for any additional costs or alteration/communication costs arising from the substitution. The request can be submitted up to 21 days before departure. The substitute traveller takes over all obligations arising from the travel agreement from the original traveller.
- Upon departure and during the entire journey, the participating persons must all have the necessary and valid travel documents such as, passport, boat and car driving licence etc. The traveller is responsible for the correctness and completeness of these documents. LSF accepts no liability if travellers are unable to participate in the trip or parts thereof due to a shortcoming in the travel documents.
- A shortcoming in the execution of the travel agreement must be reported within 48 hours (preferably in writing) to the tour leader or service provider concerned, but in preferably to the representative of LSF on site, so we can intervene. The relevant tour leader / service provider can find a suitable solution on the spot faster than can be arranged by LSF.
- If a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved after it has been reported during the trip, it can be submitted to LSF in writing, stating clear reasons, as soon as possible, within 14 days after returning to the Netherlands at the latest.
- Every traveller must take notice of the exact time of departure with the relevant authorities at the latest 24 hours before the indicated time of departure on the return journey. Keep in mind, booking your flights that there is enough time between flights to catch the next one.
- LSF is liable for the proper execution of the obligations arising from the hire agreement of house and boat. The obligations arising from the agreement are also understood to be the expectations which the traveller could reasonably have on the basis of the publications of LSF. In doing so, account should be taken of generally known facts that apply to our special destination. The execution of the agreement should also be assessed against the local peculiarities, technical possibilities and limitations and habits that our special destination involves, as well as the adventurous nature of the trips.
- In the event of special situations such as storms, excessive rain and other natural inconveniences, no compensation will be paid for non-fished days. Always consult with the LSF representative on the spot, in case of uncertainty about the weather. He/she is the one who can decide, not to allow the group to go out.
- LSF can not be held liable for physical injury or other damage caused during a trip to LSF either can she be held liable for damage for which there is already a claim to a cancellation- and/or travel insurance.
- As far as LSF can be held liable for damages suffered by the traveller as loss of joy of travel or damage suffered by the traveller in the exercise of his profession or business, or any other damage then mentioned above the compensation will not exceed one time the travel sum.
- The issued boats are specially designed to operate in waters of northern Norway. The group however making use of the boat is fully responsible for wise usage of the boat at all times.
23.Booking with LSF means that you sign a rental agreement for a boat and a house. Any alterations to boat and house is strictly forbidden. Any alterations will be repaired at your cost.
- Damage due to usage of boat or other properties of LSF is full responsibility of the group, represented by the contactperson being the person who placed the booking with LSF, which is personally responsible and liable for the other travel companions who are registered by him / her.
The group is jointly and severally liable for damages to boat and house and other accommodations or property of LSF. LSF has insured her boats with an own risk (deductible) of € 1000,-. This amount is always to be paid by the group and to be received by LSF before departure. In the event of gross negligence or intentional damage, other costs will also be charged.
- Booking with LSF means that the group guarantees that there are persons present used to handle a boat on open sea with a boat license. LSF does not accept any liablility for injudicious use or inadequate steering or handling skills of the group or members thereof.
- By booking the rental agreement for house and boat, the group accepts the full risk of fishing on the open sea. LSF does not accept any claims for bad weather and high seas where/when it is irresponsible to go out to sea. Safety at sea is the full responsibility of the group.
- The representative of LSF reserves the right to prohibit or advise not to go out in case of bad weather. LSF has no obligation to compensate days where fishing is impossible. In case the advise or prohibition is ignored, LSF never accepts any liability for damages. The group is fully responsible for going out to sea and accepts all responsibility and any risks arising from it in any case.
- Damage to rented house or interior or other accommodations caused by the group or group members (tenants) is for the account and risk of the tenants and is recovered, whereby the group members are jointly and severally liable. Tenant indemnifies the landlord against damage caused by him and is liable for compensation of the damage before departure.
29.LSF reserves the right to cancel a booking, if, after being summoned, conditions are not met. In that case all costs arising from the cancellation will be charged to the customer and money already paid will not be refunded.
- All published prices are in Euro’s are indicative unless otherwise stated. Invoices will be made in Norwegian Kroner (NOK).
- With a group trip LSF reserves the right to cancel the trip if the number of bookings is lower than the minimum number of participants mentioned. If LSF within the specified deadline cancels the trip, the money paid by the traveller will be fully refunded within 14 days after the written cancellation of LSF. The traveller has no right to any extra compensation.
- When participating in a (group) trip, the traveller has to follow all instructions of the staff in order to ensure the proper execution of the trip. A traveller who obstructs the proper execution of the trip can be excluded by the travel organization of the trip, or its continuation. All costs resulting from this will be borne by the traveller.
- If there are compelling reasons to make changes to already booked (group) trips, you will be informed of this in writing within 5 working days after the situation becomes known. An alternative will be offered. If you do not agree with the proposed alternative, you can cancel the trip free of charge within 3 days of receipt of the written amendment proposal.
- Prizes that are won must be used within 1 year after winning (per date) to be recorded and definitively booked. After that the prizes will expire.
- LSF cannot be held responsible for changes that take place due to circumstances such as terrorism, natural violence, (civil) war, government decisions and other situations of force majeure, such as for example Corona outbreaks. Already made and possible extra costs (such as for flights with non-refundable tickets, etc.) resulting from this are at the expense of the customer.
- Upon arrival you receive our house rules and rule for usage of our boats and accommodations (In the info folder in the house). These rules are integral part of these terms and conditions.
Dutch law applies to the travel agreement and all resulting obligations.
Last revised May 27, 2020